ADVERT FOR DIG of SEPTEMBER 2006
Llanymynech Limeworks Heritage Project
Do you fancy
DIGGING in and around the HOFFMAN KILN?
There will be a community archaeological excavation in and around the Hoffman Kiln before restoration starts in mid September.
Join Hugh Hannaford – Shropshire’s Community Archaeologist – on one or more days during the period:
Friday 8th, Saturday 9th, Sunday 10th and Monday 11th September
between 10am and 4pm
to uncover evidence about how the Kiln worked and discover more about the tramway system around it.
- No previous experience necessary
- Tools, toilets and light refreshments provided
- Participants must be over 14
- Wear clothes suitable for messy outdoor work
- Strong shoes, boots or Wellingtons must be worn – no trainers
- Up to 15 participants per day
- Pre booking essential - priority given to local people
To book a place for a day or more(subject to availability of places) or to find out more please contact Peter Dunhill, Llanymynech Limeworks Community Project Officer, on 01691 624448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Public viewing sessions will take place throughout the excavations for young people under 14 and those who were not able to book a place