This web site is one aspect of the Llanymynech Community Project which has been promoted by the Llanymynech and Pant Parish Council.
Funding for the Community Project is from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The Community Project is centred on the Llanymynech Heritage Area and includes the following developments:
- Commissioning a sculpture by the entrance area
- Placing information boards and signs
- Providing picnic benches and other seating
- Publishing an information leaflet
- Volunteer research visit, wharf clearance, tours and opening of the canal side stable block.
- Web site production
- Producing a social history archive
References to Llanymynech include both ‘halves’ of this international village. The English side [known to some as the “East End”] is included in the area of Llanymynech and Pant Parish Council. The Welsh side [yes - the West End] comes under Carreghofa Community Council. The community council is the Welsh equivalent of the English parish council.
The Llanymynech Heritage Area is considered to stretch from the canal side at Llanymynech, the associated kilns, up the tramways which serviced these kilns and to the quarries on the hill.